The Metroplex Technology Business Council is the largest pure technology trade association in the Southwest. Our membership consists of more than 300 corporate and small business members who represent the entire range of technologies in our region: telecom, IT, semiconductors, software, biotechnology, nanotechnology and more. MTBC membership is open to high tech companies, companies that provide specialized services to high tech companies and IT departments of non-technology companies. See the requirements tab for specific criteria.
Benefits of Membership
Members join the MTBC to:
- Enhance their network
- Gain access to more customers, suppliers, partners and potential employees
- Enhance the knowledge of their leaders and employees
- Make a difference in legislation that affects their company
- Proactively engage kids in science, technology, engineering and math,
- Participate in innovation sourcing initiatives which could produce new products and services for their company
- Business-to-business introductions
- International trade support and partnerships
- Market research and community statistical resources
- Relocation information and assistance
- Funding assistance
- Real estate services
- Advertising opportunities
- Listing in the MTBC's Web-based membership directory
- Listing in the MTBC's printed membership directory / magazine
- The MTBC was a leader in the effort to establish the Texas Emerging Technology Fund, a $200 million research and commercialization fund.
- The MTBC spearheaded efforts to create the Texas R&D Tax Credit.
- The MTBC supported expansion of "Excellence Funding" for colleges and universities.
- The MTBC mobilized efforts to defeat the state restriction on the use of the job title "engineer."
- The MTBC was instrumental in the creation of Tier One University Funding to help Texas universities establish research programs.
Tech Industry Development:
- The MTBC supports workforce development initiatives to increase student interest in tech careers.
- The MTBC connects trade delegations to Metroplex companies for trade and partnering opportunities overseas in countries such as Korea, Germany, China, England and more.
- The MTBC recruits new tech companies to the Metroplex.
- The MTBC created the region's first RFID industry coalition.
- The MTBC works to develop partnerships between high-tech companies and educational institutions for research and development programs.
For more information about the benefits of a membership in the MTBC, see the MTBC's marketing video.