Previous TechQuest: Tektronix/Fluke
Who the Seeker Companies are:
Tektronix, widely known as Tek, is the world's #2 maker of test and measurement equipment including digital multimeters, logic analyzers, and signal sources. In particular, Tektronix is the world's largest maker of oscilloscopes (display screens used to check electrical equipment); it offers them in all shapes and sizes, from handheld units to large laboratory models.
Tektronix Communications provides network operators and equipment manufacturers around the world an unparalleled suite of network diagnostics and management solutions for fixed, mobile, IP and converged multi-service networks. This comprehensive set of solutions support a range of architectures and applications such as LTE, fixed mobile convergence, IMS, broadband wireless access, WiMAX, VoIP and triple play, including IPTV.
Fluke makes handheld electronic test tools used by electricians, HVAC technicians, and plant engineers to install, maintain, and service electrical and electronic equipment. The company's multimeters, oscilloscopes, and other devices measure current, voltage resistance, frequency, temperature, and pressure. Fluke also makes calibrators and calibration software, waveform generators, and power harmonics meters. Its process tools are used in control applications in the chemicals, petroleum, food, and wastewater management industries.
Fluke Networks makes hardware and software for installation, monitoring and maintenance of LAN/WAN environments and their underlying fiber and copper cable infrastructure. Fluke Networks' products include handheld network testing devices, hardware and software network analyzers, and cable analyzers. Fluke Networks' partners include CA, Extreme Networks, Microsoft, and Nortel Networks.
All four companies are wholly-owned subsidiaries of Danaher Corporation. Danaher Corporation designs, manufactures, and markets professional, medical, industrial, and consumer products.
What the Seeker Companies are interested in:
Through TechQuest, these Seeker Companies are seeking dialogue with companies working in common areas of interest. The seeker companies are interested in discussions with potential development partners and/or customers in the following application and technology areas (with examples):
- Alternative product case/enclosure technologies (green plastics, low cost casting, ...)
- Analog Semiconductor Technologies (wideband, high frequency, low noise) including IP sharing, design services, and co-development
- Next Generation Mobile and Fixed Networks (LTE, IMS, TISPAN, etc.)
- Safety, crime deterrence, and security technologies
- Low Cost, high reliability, low noise cooling solution for packages and systems
- Telecommunication Triple Play installation, diagnostics and support Twisted Pair, Fiber, Cable, xDSL, MOCA, HPNA, DOCSIS, IP, VoIP, IPTV
- Green energy solutions (photovoltaic conversion efficiency, solar thermal conversion efficiency, combustion efficiency, carbon emmisions detection, wind conversion efficiency, load/consumption monitoring, ...)
- Ultra-high capacity nano-technology energy storage (future batteries)
- Physical layer hardware solutions for telecommunications
- MDB or Configuration Management Databases provide a means for organizations to understand and manage the configurations of their network infrastructure
- Telecommunications Passive Optical Network and Wireless Technology installation, diagnostics, support PON, WiMAX and include multiple wavelengths, frequencies and multiple data communication standards
- Multi-Media Applications such as Telepresence, Video Streaming, and Video Telephony in Mobile and Fixed Broadband Networks
- Non-contact measurement technologies (current, voltage, temperature)
- Location-based services
- WLAN Spectrum analysis and RF interference: WLAN, 802.11n+, 2.4GHz & 5GHz RF, SI's, VAR's, PNO
- Service Provider Call Center Effectiveness (identification of tools, technology, information and automated workflow to achieve rapid trouble resolution, trouble avoidance, automation and ultimate customer satisfaction)
- Wireless communication for portable industrial applications
- Network/data visualization
- Battery technology for hand held network test tools: light-weight, powerful and long battery life.
- Software data collection and management applications (data aggregation, data analysis, report generation, multiple application support, web/local databases, ...)
- Connectivity solutions for multiple technologies (bluetooth, wifi, USB, rs232, ...)
- Education and training delivery tools
- Distributed access network element performance monitoring for mobile and fixed networks (nodeBs, set top boxes, femtocells etc.)
- Thick film, thin film, and semiconductor fabrication technologies
- Test Automation
- Service Provider Technician Productivity (dentification of tools, technology, information access, and workflow automation to optimize field force usage and return on force investment.
- Identification of intelligent network elements that eliminate the need for technician involvement in installation, repair and construction steps)
- Non-destructive testing with imaging, illumination and sensor technologies (ultrasound, thermal imaging, x-ray, ...)
- Advanced micro- and opto-electronics packaging and test technologies, integration technologies (modules, SOC)
- Low cost 4G RF sniffer
- Virtualization (technology that allows companies to more efficiently optimize application servers by abstracting the hardware)
Seeker Companies' representatives who will be participating in this TechQuest event:
- Doug Dickerson-Vice President and General Manager of Communication Products, Tektronix Communications
- Craig Overhage-Senior Vice President and General Manager, Tektronix
- David Coffin-Vice President of Research and Development, Fluke Networks
- Jim Cavoretto-Senior Vice President and Chief Technology Officer, Fluke